Emily Kowalski Schroeder is a scientist turned genealogist, librarian, and mom. Emily is the creator of the Growing Little Leaves website and blog, an incredible resource for parents looking for doable activities that successfully introduce family history to children.
Today on Family History for Youth
- Discover how Emily’s transition to becoming a stay at home mom led her to create Growing Little Leaves
- Hear how some of the most successful activities are also the simplest
- Learn how to do play-doh pedigree charts and map your family’s immigration
- Get Emily’s tips for finding family history kids books and hear her current favorites
- Leave inspired knowing that there are many easy and accessible ways you can connect your kids to past generations
Play Doh Pedigree Charts
Learning About the Census
The Young Mom’s Guide to Saving Family History
Watch the Stars Come Out by Ricki Levinson
The Laura Line by Crystal Allen
When Jessie Came Across the Sea by Amy Hest
I’d love to meet you!
Since we can’t get together in person, come say hello on Instagram or drop by familyhistoryforyouthpodcast.com.
SUBSCRIBE NOW to the Family History for Youth Podcast so you won’t miss new episodes. You can find us on Itunes, Stitcher, Spotify, and Google Play. If you love the podcast and feel passionate about our mission, please leave a quick review on iTunes. It helps others find this free resource for ideas and activities! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what the best part of the podcast is. I’d love to hear any of your ideas about family history and youth too!