Miya Jensen aka the Polynesian Genealogist is a professional genealogist with a BA in Family History and Genealogy from Brigham Young University. She discovered genealogy in college when she determined piano performance and finance were not the right fit. Since then, Miya has found a love of Polynesian research and getting teens involved in family history.
Today on Family History for Youth
- Miya shares her unique path to discovering family history
- Be inspired by Miya’s Polynesian pioneer ancestors’ stories of perseverance and faith
- Discover how surfing and family history are related
- Hear Miya’s three best tips for getting teenagers involved
- Learn the difference between oral tradition and oral history. Then discover how to conduct and oral history interview
I’d love to meet you!
Since we can’t get together in person, come say hello on Instagram or drop by familyhistoryforyouthpodcast.com.
SUBSCRIBE NOW to the Family History for Youth Podcast so you won’t miss new episodes. You can find us on Itunes, Stitcher, Spotify, and Google Play. If you love the podcast and feel passionate about our mission, please leave a quick review on iTunes. It helps others find this free resource for ideas and activities! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what the best part of the podcast is. I’d love to hear any of your ideas about family history and youth too!