Melissa Finlay is an accredited genealogist and mother. She discovered her love of research as a young girl and often asked for rides to the state archive before she had her license. Melissa went on to earn a BA in Family History and Genealogy from BYU. She is a skilled U.S. researcher and she is an expert at finding fun ways to incorporate family history activities that all ages will love!
Today on Family History for Youth
- Melissa shares how finding a box of pedigree charts as a young girl inspired her to discover more about her family
- Learn how her mom and grandparents supported her newfound passion and gain insight on how you can do the same for your children and grandchildren
- Hear Melissa’s reasons for sharing family history with the next generation
- Find out how to take your family on an Ancestor Hometown Tour
- Get all the details on holding your own Family Photo Recreation Contest
- Discover Melissa’s best tips for parents who don’t know where to start
I’d love to meet you!
Since we can’t get together in person, come say hello on Instagram or drop by familyhistoryforyouthpodcast.com.
If you love the podcast and feel passionate about our mission, please leave a quick review on iTunes. It helps others find this free resource for ideas and activities! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what the best part of the podcast is. I’d love to hear any of your ideas about family history and youth too!