Most days you will find me discovering ways to strengthen kids and teens through family history. I may be coming up with a family history game, preserving and creating traditions, or cooking grandma’s pie. I am passionate about discovering family stories through genealogical research, journal and letter transcription, and archiving family photos.
I love connecting generations through family history and I hope the Family History for Youth podcast my additional services will help your family create stronger bonds.
I work with clients who:
- love their families!
- may be overwhelmed with quickly changing family history technology and don’t know where to start
- have more photos, journals, and letters than they know what to do with
As a genealogist I’ve taught classes at RootsTech, the Sacramento German Genealogical Society Conference, the UGA South Davis County Family History Fair, and other local settings. I co-directed the BYU’s inaugural myFamily History Youth Camp and served as the director for two subsequent years.
If you still want to get to know me a little better, here’s a few more tidbits:
- I graduated from BYU with a B.A. in Family History and Genealogy.
- My family hails from the British Isles, Scandinavia, Germany, and Prince Edward Island.
- As a young girl, my mother told me in jest, “Annie, I think you were born in the wrong century.” I’m starting to think she was right.
- I spend my Saturdays baking homemade bread, dipping chocolates, and perusing antique shops with my husband and baby daughter.